We are Hiring!24 April, 2021
Credit Union Chief Operations Officer Vacancy – New Ross Credit Union Limited
New Ross Credit Union Ltd is proud to serve over 26,500 Members in both New Ross, Bunclody & Ramsgrange with €135 million of assets under management. We are currently recruiting for the position of Chief Operations Officer to join the Credit Union. This full-time and permanent position reports directly to the CEO.
The Chief Operations Officer will be key in the responsibility for the day-to-day Operations Management and administrative duties. Alongside the operational tasks of the role the Chief Operations Officer will be responsible for development and delivery of the IT infrastructure and will work closely with departments within the Credit Union and our external vendors to successfully deliver IT projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of corporate governance with legal, regulatory, and organisational policies.
The Chief Operations Officer will be a key member of the Management Team.
The Key Responsibilities of the position are:
- The Chief Operations Officer will report directly to the CEO and will ensure an efficient service is provided to members while ensuring the highest standards of service is achieved in line with the Credit Unions business objectives.
- Supporting the CEO in the development and implementation of the Credit Union Strategic Plan, IT development and delivering the business goals for the Credit Union in line with the Board’s policy within outlined operational targets.
- Managing the implementation and development of the Credit Unions IT infrastructure – including developing our IT services and identifying and implementing staff training where required.
- Work with external vendors in the procurement and maintenance of IT products and services and ensure all aspect of the Credit Unions information technology, disaster recovery and contingency plans are in place.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory and security standards and that appropriate IT policies & procedures are in place.
- Leading the implementation of high standards of member service focusing on evolving the service model towards a member-oriented, digital environment.
- Liaising with the Risk & Compliance Officer to process, identify, monitor, and manage potential operational risks to minimise any negative impact that they may have on the Credit Union.
- Liaising with the Risk & Compliance officer to create a positive compliance culture with all legal and regulatory requirements including the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law, and health and safety.
- Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place and tested to safeguard the assets of the Credit Union.
- Responsible for the security of personnel, cash operations, and overall security of the Credit Union including key-holding, CCTV, alarms, maintenance etc.
- Overseeing the Human Resources function and ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are implemented and updated as appropriate.
- Participating in all relevant meetings and committees as directed by the CEO and the Board.
- Providing timely and adequate management reporting on operational KPIs
- To undertake all other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the Board.
The above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change in line with the needs of the business.
Key Performance Measures
- People and Team Management – Delivery of key IT projects, assisting in the successful implementation of the Credit Union’s strategic plan. Create a culture of continuous improvement and help exceed the Credit Union’s KPI’s, identify, support, and develop potential talent within the workforce.
- Quantity of work – team output and productivity; you will continuously work to make all branches of the Credit Union aligned in achieving the Credit Unions objectives.
- Timeliness of producing work – You will work to achieve agreed deadlines as set out by the CEO, agreed deadlines set out during team meetings, and deadlines outlined in the Strategic Plan.
- Quality of work – improve the overall team’s accuracy of work, attention to detail, quality, accuracy, completion, and compliance.
- Member focus – Strive to create a positive member experience.
- Overall team contribution – You will be required to be a strong contributor to the senior management team and work alongside the management team to meet the Credit Unions strategic objectives.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Management or in a related field with relevant managerial experience within the Credit Union movement or a related financial institution. A professional qualification such as Pathways Certificate or QFA (desirable)
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant operational managerial experience within the financial services sector or the information technology sector and experience in dealing with regulatory authorities is essential.
- Strong IT and analytical skills with a high level of competence in solution-based problem resolution.
- Excellent administration skills, report writing and attention to detail.
- Proven track record in member service, problem solving, and handling escalations.
- Alignment to the ethos of the Credit Union
- Compliance with policies and procedures
- Drive and energy, desire to get results, ability to take action, to get things done, having a strong action orientation approach.
- Positively promotes New Ross Credit Unions brand, products, and services.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications & relevant experience. The position involves working 35 hours per week based over Monday to Saturday. This position will involve working Saturdays. The rostered day off is subject to variation.
New Ross Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
New Ross Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Applications in writing to be sent to
CEO, New Ross Credit Union Ltd, 26 South Street, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Y34 CH76.
New Ross Credit Union’s Data Privacy Statement can be accessed at: www.newrosscreditunion.com